Saturday, July 30, 2005

I miss Bacon

When you give up an entire food group, it never crosses your mind that you will miss one thing to the point of obsession. People who give up dairy don't think... "Man that cottage cheese. What will I do without it?" People who give up the breads don't think, "I'm going to be thinner, but without Ironkids I won't ever be whole again."

Well, I miss bacon. I have a serious need for bacon. I tried the fake bacon but it didn't taste like bacon. Does that make me sick... I mean two years without meat and I am a bacon craving lunatic. If anyone knows where I can find a legitimate, nonmeat, bacon substitute... I swear I would love you forever. I would offer you money, but I think in my pocket right now I have Burt's Bees chapstick, a hair tie, and maybe a nickel.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Bacon? Lacey you need help. I didn't remember you being a particular fan when you ate meat. I would have guessed you for missing chicken (that popcorn stuff). I thought you really liked that.