Monday, August 08, 2005

The Power of the Mind

Some people believe in the absolute power of the mind. Here is the experiment that I am proposing. Anyone who would like to join in, the more the merrier... and by merrier I mean more accurate scientific data.

Every night as I lay in bed staring at the ceiling praying that my dreams will provide something to talk about in the morning, I will instead focus on becoming a size 4, 110 pound, latina chick. Now, I figure if I do this nightly and the mind is truly as powerful as some suspect... by Christmas... yowza! You won't even recognize the Puerto Rican girl in my clothes. True, my mind will have to decrease the size of my bone structure and possibly aid in the removal of one of my limbs to achieve the weight requirement, but hey... it's all in the name of science.

In order to not fool with my results, I will in no way aid my mind. Yes, ladies and gents... I will not exercise, eat better, eat less, or file down my own bone structure. I will not attempt to marry into a hispanic family and I will not force a tan onto my snow white skin. I will simply stare at the ceiling fan and as it circles concentrating all my minds power on this ridiculously unattainable goal.

So, your task, should you choose to accept it is to create your own mind game and see if your mind has the power to affect change. Do you want a million dollars? Do you want a third eye? Do you have the need for x-ray vision. Now is your chance. Embrace it. Opportunity may only knock once... unless your mind wills it to knock twice... or three times...

4 comments:

Emily said...

sadly enough, don't think that I am going to take you up on this offer, but do say that i would LOVE to hear how it goes and to keep me updated on the process no matter how tedious it might get. And if it works for maybe my mind might shieft into the idea of doing the same. hehe, Emily

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dimlightslittlecity said...

I'm in. I'd like to be inherently doable. So, I'll lie in bed at night and focus on that and see if I get laid more often.

Lacey Joe said...

I think that is a good option... doesn't sound like a bad plan at all... you'll have to let me know how it works out for you.