Monday, February 06, 2006

Paul and Paco: A Night in Review

We begin with an internal dialogue circa Saturday afternoon...

"Hmmm... I really like him... there is no way that he actually likes me... seriously, that would be far too good for the sub par week that I am having. He did ask me to go out tonight... with like a million other people so that doesn't mean anything. I should just text him and let him know I am busy... he won't care... okay... text."

I couldn't bring myself to send the text. Let's get real. I like someone and I had two choices... sit at home and sulk in safety without the possibility of rejection, or throw it out there and cross my fingers. Well, I do like to entertain all those who find my romantic interludes and the failures thereof humorous, so...

I left after work and headed to Suede. Walking in I questioned the top I had chosen while standing in the bathroom at the office half and hour earlier. I worried that I wouldn't be able to find anyone I knew. I thought about the fact that most of the group had been together and presumably drinking four hours prior to my arrival. Big deep breath Lacey... there he is... dancing with another girl. I am fairly certain she is touching his crotch when I spot them... and yes, there is the latest in my sub par week.

Was I deterred? No. Being slightly more than competitive, my new mission was to make other girl a complete nonissue. Plan... not sure... time to create a plan... no...

Alas, a positive break. I met Paco. Sitting outside with Paco, he assured me that other girl was not a threat. Paco said great things about Paul. Paco, being a great friend, reiterated the things I already found attractive about Paul and said new things that made me smile inside. While I may never know whether Paco was telling the truth, he deserves the friend of the night award either way. I headed back into the bar.

To be continued...

No comments: