Friday, April 07, 2006

Broken

The strangest feeling I have ever experienced is possibly the second break up with Nathan... I should feel alone, sad, broken. But I don't. I feel calm and slightly introspective about the whole thing. I don't feel like I need a girl's night out, a man bashing event, or a bottle of wine. I do need Nathan's friendship. I need him as a friend far more than I ever needed him for anything.

Nathan doesn't know that to me he has become a best friend. Beyond those friends that I have had for years, he is it. I trusted him enough to let him in and now I don't know what I would do if he were gone. I will bend in the friendship if need be to maintain. I will go out of my way to make him happy as I would for any of my friends. I will do this because he didn't make me feel broken.

No comments: