Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years in Newcastle

After what seemed like ages in airports and on planes I finally arrived in Newcastle. Rich picked me up at the airport and there were about 30 seconds of awkwardness. After that things just went right back to being how they had always been. We headed to the house which strongly resembled the set of Billy Elliot... I can't lie... It made me kinda giddy. Newcastle is very pretty, but the weather was crap. We walked down to some bars at the lower end of the street (me in way too much heel on a cobblestone street). The bars were what I expected but the clothing was not... It seemed to me that it was far too cold to be prancing about in such little clothing... brrr...

So New Years comes and with a New Years kiss... luckily from Rich as there was some other guy who smelled of scotch and kept asking me if I was American...

No comments: