Thursday, February 26, 2009

Date 21: Self Inflicted Wound

I didn't want to go out tonight. I told Leather Couch I was busy this week. I told him more than once. But I'm that girl. That girl who no matter how opposed she is to wasting her time with a certain owner of leather couches... she eventually gives in and wastes her evening with him anyway.

The night was uneventful. Nothing to talk about. I managed to barely speak. I avoided him by bringing along other friends. He tried to tell one of my friends something about dating using his vast knowledge of women (ha). I rolled my eyes so far back that I gave myself a headache.

On the way to the car I told him goodnight.

"Well... it was nice seeing you. My car is that way. See you later."

"Let me walk you."

"No thanks. My car is just in the next lot over." That was a lie. My car was a good block away.

"Let me walk you."

"Really, I'm fine. I walk by myself all the time down here." Sure, cause I'm a dumb girl that walks by myself downtown in the dark often.

He was so persistent. But I know how leather couch is. You give him a yes to walking you to your car and the next thing you know you are laying on leather couch staring up at the wall and a painting of a boat that you think would be perfect in the waiting room of a urologists office wondering how he got his hand up your shirt. No thanks.

No comments: