Saturday, April 04, 2009

Date 27: I Already Knew Him But Needed eHarmony to Tell Me We Should Go Out

Brunch in Uptown with the Greek Goddess, the Cruise Director, Montana, the Triathlete, and Lunchtime Sex needed some spicing up. But still... what was I thinking. Infectious Disease had asked if he could join us to meet some new people. I didn't want him to be the only guy (or the only guy I had awkward history with) so I invited Bus Trip.

On the drive to Uptown my phone started ringing. One at a time all the ladies bailed.

Dear Jesus, please don't leave me at brunch in Uptown with two men that I have had uncomfortable moments with. Really, Lord. Do I deserve this for brunch? Me, me, me, me, me. Oh- and keep my friends (the ones that ditched me and left me in this predictament) safe. Amen.

Another text. Infectious disease was out as well. Apparently I "got him sick." Whatever.

So Bus Trip and I have brunch. Just the two of us. He asks if I did this on purpose. No, it was all Jesus.

So the eharmony thing... There is no shame in eharmony. The commercial tells me that this could be an everlasting love. The problem with being on eharmony and being part of some major social networking groups though... bumping into people online that you know in real life (not just Bus Trip, but the guy that was student council president my freshman year of high school, 3 people from the junior chamber of commerce, 4 of my former hockey customers, 1 coworker at my new job, and 2 people that have pictures with their best friends on their profiles letting me know that I was matched with best friends).

Then he mentions that this could be an eharmony date. He knows about the blog. No big deal. He gets high scores. After brunch he took me on a ride on the trolly.

Shame on you! It was an actual trolly. We chatted with other people on the trolly. We sat closer than necessary to each other. We made plans to hang out more often.

Is it likely that anything will come of this? No, I'm pretty sure Bus Trip has been over me since... well... the Bus Trip. And that was in the Spring of 2008. Practically a lifetime ago.

No comments: