Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jellybeans

For some reason, I have a song from what seems like another lifetime stuck in my head. So I sang to my mom and kissed her goodnight. She can't open her eyes without a lot of struggle. She can't speak without pain. But she still returns a kiss with the same love she has always given. Thank God for mom kisses.

I wish you a jellybean to chew upon,
I wish you a hatpin to keep your hat on,
I wish you love your whole life through,
God bless you, and keep you,
Just because you’re you.

I wish you grass to tickle your toes.
I wish you sunshine to freckle your nose.
I wish you love your whole life through,
God bless you, and keep you,
Just because you’re you.

I want to be there when God takes your hand
And leads you to the promised land.
I want to be there when He says to you,
“I’ll bless you and keep you, just because you’re you.”

No comments: