Monday, October 25, 2010

Strength

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
-2 Timothy 1:7

It is difficult not to be afraid.

I am a mess. I've never loved anyone more than I love my mom. I've never had a better friend or a stronger ally. I've never second guessed myself so much or played the what if game so intensely. I've never considered that she would not be here, which is my mistake.

Donna has had a lot of visitors over the past few days. It means a lot to me that so many people have been able to get here.

We are going to stop IV fluids today. We have stopped the antibiotics and the medications she was taking prior to all this. We are giving her pain medications and some steroids to prevent some of the swelling. We are evaluating where to go from here. Days, weeks... no one can really say what we have, but she is very sad today. My heart is breaking for her... and for my family... and for myself. I want so badly for her to feel calm and loved.

Keep her in your thoughts. I want only the best for her and every voice or prayer on her side must help in some way.

No comments: