Sunday, March 27, 2011

Meeting the Classmates

Yesterday (after the disagreement), New Guy and I actually spent the entire day together. That has to be good right? He didn't bail after the tears... and I didn't bail after his man brain took over.


We had a nice lunch... finally... at Into the Glass in Grapevine. I love that place. They always make me food that isn't on the menu. New Guy should like them because their truffle mac n cheese improved my attitude immensely.


After a long lunch and a stroll around Grapevine, I headed home to change before a classmates birthday. I was feeling pretty good about the bunch of people New guy would be meeting. It's nice when it's people you can trust not to make inappropriate comments.


Dinner with everyone was great. After we ate, New Guy and I headed to Barnes and Noble in Sundance Square. He has mentioned before that he doesn't understand how someone could just wander around a bookstore. Since he's met me, we've made it a habit.


It's nice to have someone to just walk around with. To look at books with. To share a chair with and debate which of the 3o cupcake recipe books might be the best. It's nice because my mom and I used to go to the bookstore all the time. New Guy knows that so he takes me now. He sits on the floor with stacks of books around him and humors me for an hour or so. He's such a nice man. I'm not sure how I got so lucky.


Long term future? I hope so :)

No comments: