Sunday, February 05, 2012

Anniversary Weekend

New Guy outdid himself. I'm a lucky lady...

He used some of his travel points (goodness knows he has a ton) to get a room at the Embassy Suites in downtown Fort Worth.  True, it's basically in our backyard, but sometimes you just need to get out of the house.

He made reservations at Melting Pot which is far cry from our normal local restaurants and independent joints.  But, melted cheese?  He totally loves me. The waiter was concerned at our cheese course selection.  Apparently most people who order it find it too pungent or some nonsense. If I wanted everyday cheese dip, we would have picked up a Velveeta brick at Kroger. Dinner was great and we enjoyed some time to just decompress together. Work and travel have been in full effect for both of us, so having some down time is exciting.

After the debacle that was my Europe vacation photos, New guy bought me an amazing digital camera as my gift.  This will definitely get a ton of use! Perhaps even more so that my wish necklace from my birthday. 

No comments: