Okay, everyone and their dog is pinning these cinnamon ornaments. Seems pretty simple. Mix cinnamon and applesauce, cut, and bake or air dry. Got it. Christmas cars for dummies here I come.
I looked through quite a few recipes before I settled on this one. Let me tell you, this recipe leaves out some pretty important info. First, its sticks... To your hands... And the counter... And everything else it touches.
- Don't try wax paper... This recipe needs plastic wrap. One sheet on each side.
- Refrigerate it for a bit before you use it.
- Put the applesauce in the bowl before the cinnamon. It makes less of a cinnamon cloud. We had a layer of cinnamon on everything.
- Every recipe says not to eat the dough, which of course tempted me to eat some... I didn't, if someone does, let me know the outcome.
- After you roll out the dough, flip the dough and pull on the plastic wrap or you ll have ridges ignore side.
- Rather than the straw hole, I went ahead and used a smaller cookie cutter.
- I swapped out the ribbon for scrap cloth. It added to the rustic look.
- Last tip... Super important... If you decide to open the oven to take a peek, don't inhale at the same time. It burns... Man does it burn.