Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cornhole!

First things first, who wants to tailgate next football season?  New Guy and I plan to grab a tailgate space in FW next season because who really wants to always be at the mercy of someone else's tailgate plans? Not us.  

I am on a mission to stop pinning and start doing.  The first project here was a fail followed by a win. It's okay.  I learned something on the fail...  Know your limits.  Not all things are worth doing yourself.  If you aren't great with wood, building your own cornhole set does not save you money.


I honor of our tailgate plans, I decided to FINALLY finish the cornhole set that I started... So long ago, I can't remember when I started it... Literally.  It's possible Chelsea could identify a date... Or year, but who knows. 

So, in the beginning, I started to build a set.  You can find the directions here. I bought the duck cloth for the bags, all the wood, bolts etc and got to work.  The realized I had I seriously misjudged my ability to make things using cheap wood.  Not great. So, if you realize you also have poor carpentry skills as well, don't try to make one... Buy one here instead. 

Where you will likely want to stick to your plan to DIY this bad boy is in the paint job.  Choosing your own paint job makes this a project for team divided homes, special occasions (weddings, parties, holidays), or families who just want a personalized set for the backyard.  New Guy and I went with stripes and dots in TCU purple and white and some sort of dirty orange for some school in central Texas somewhere.


No comments: