Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tshirt Recycling

I've owned a great tshirt since 1999. Love that thing.  I've considered making one of those fancy pants tshirt quilts, but there are two issues, 1) I really don't know how to sew well enough and 2) who really wants a quilt made of old worn out tshirts...

Then a blessing in disguise.  For Christmas, New Guys brother gave me a tshirts.  Across the back was the phrase "if it harms beavers, I'm against it". Oh no...  Positive note? It was this great shade of purple.



So tonight I took the plunge. With a new pair of scissors in hand, I cut both tshirts to bits.  I thought I might cry... Not about the beaver shirt, the other one.  With a pile of former tshirt, I got to work on a new purple and grey scarf.



From each shirt, I cut multiple strips about and inch and a half wide.  No measurements, just got crazy.  I took the strips and stretched them as much as possible so they would turn in on themselves into cute little string like things.  There are so many tutorials out there for tshirt scarves, so I'll keep it to this - hang it on something, try it on throughout the process, make it suit your personality, don't get too bulky if you're busty...

So I ended up with something more necklace like, but I dig it.  Boom! Lacey made.






No comments: