Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Proposal - Lacey's Version

Point Reyes is a special place to me.  New Guy and I first came here early in our relationship in 2011.  I knew New Guy was the one for me even back then.  It was on that first trip, I knew I loved him and wanted him to be a part of my life forever. 
We had driven up the coast with my brother, Michel, and his girlfriend to spread my mother's ashes along the shoreline. New Guy supported me through every emotion I had during a time when most people would have made a run for it. Over the last two years, I've mentioned to New Guy  that I would like to go back for a long weekend.  I know it sounds silly, but I needed to visit my mom and for me, that is where I could do that.  It was a place distinctly ours.
We made our way off the main trail (actually onto the unauthorized trail with a caution sign) and began hiking along the cliff edges.  It was beautiful!  I stopped to take a photo of the coast and was babbling on (as usual) to New Guy about how much fun I was having and how great the day was... and how even the fall was pretty funny in the whole scheme of things. I turned to finish my thought and saw him down on one knee. 
Oh. My. Word. I love him. 
It was all happening in some time warp.  He loved me.  He wanted me to marry him. He wanted my mom to be a part of this so he chose a spot he knew she would be. He wanted me to be happy.  Would I make him happy by... Yes! Yes! YES!
New Guy is the most wonderful, thoughtful, compassionate man I've ever known.  So, with all that said, I'm a pretty lucky lady.

No comments: