Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The Dessert Table

Okay, I'm on mission to save a few bucks here and there so that I don't stress about New Guy's request to have a band instead of a DJ.  In case you've never looked into it, the price difference is not entirely small.  So, cake.  Seriously, what the hell bakers?  I know you make beautiful cakes, but there has to be a way to come down off the $4.00 per person price tag... plus a delivery fee... cake cutting fee... first born???

So was born the dessert table plan.

At my family functions, there is always too much food. Too much main course, too many sides, and WAY TOO MUCH DESSERT. Don't get me wrong.  I freaking love pie. And my nana's sugar cookies? Heaven.


So I hoped on over to Michael's and grabbed some clearance cupcake stickers and clearance note cards.  Hooray for clearance.  Then I channeled my inner 3rd grade poet (not looking for art, just words that rhyme... don't lie, if you've crafted, you've been there) and spit out this bit of magic... 

The typical wedding gifts of a towel, blender, or pot
Are some of the things at this ripe age that both of us have got.

From the people most important, we want less commercial and more lovin’
So if you have time and the mood is right, we’d LOVE something from your oven.

A table of gorgeous, sweet desserts from your heart and by your hands
Would mean so much more than china, new bedding, or cake stands.

Cookies, cupcakes, candies, pies… it’s really up to you
We just want you there (sans Tupperware) to hear us say, “I do!”

I figure closer to the date, we'll ask what (if anything) people are bringing.  Then plan accordingly to try to recreate something as gorgeous as this:

No comments: